Healthcare and Licensed Professionals
Before entering the field of law, Mr. Marovich served for over twenty years as a hospital administrator, where he managed employee workforces from 150 to 2,000, coordinated risk management and professional liability programs, negotiated physician and management services contracts and on-call agreements, coordinated state and federal regulatory compliance programs, implemented corporate cost reduction and reorganization plans, developed improved patient care delivery models, ensured compliance with labor and employment laws, negotiated professional services contracts, reviewed regulations in connection with clinical studies, assessed risk management issues, and participated in government relations and lobbying.
He is a member of the Arizona Association of Healthcare Lawyers, a Life Fellow in the American College of Healthcare Executives, and had been the first chairman of the Arizona State Board of Respiratory Care Examiners.
Throughout Mr. Marovich’s career as a hospital administrator, he worked with hospitals and physicians on matters related to:
- Medical staff bylaws and rules and regulations
- Credentialing and peer review
- Union organizing activities in hospitals
- Hospital trademark and copyright issues
- Hospital computer compliance and software licensing issues
- Hospital and physician contracts
- Service provider contracts
- Transfer agreements
- Leasing of space to physicians
- Food service, maintenance, and service contract negotiations
- Preparing, reviewing, and negotiating physician employment contracts.
- Representing licensed professionals before their state licensing boards.
- Representing healthcare clients concerning protection of intellectual property, such as copyright, trademarks, and trade names.
- Representing assisted living homes.
- Representing business entities and physicians in the formation of limited liability companies, including preparation of operating agreements, agreements with hospitals, shareholder agreements, joint venture agreements, contract review, and termination of existing practice arrangements.
- Representing hospitals and hospital based physicians in various administrative issues related to patients and patient families.
- Counseling healthcare providers and working with compliance officers concerning legal and regulatory issues such as HIPAA, EMTALA, and Medicare anti-kickback law and regulations.
- Reviewing compliance with state law and regulations.
- Performing due diligence in connection with hospital mergers.
- Negotiating contracts for new physicians with recruiting hospital.
- Representing physician group in lawsuit involving contract dispute and anti-competitive matters.
- Representing licensed professionals against claims of professional negligence.
- Representing healthcare institutions in medical malpractice lawsuits.
- Representing physicians in a dispute with a hospital in connection with hospital expansion.
- Representing anesthesiologists in connection with the formation of a professional limited liability company, including contract negotiations with the hospital where they practice.
- Representing physician group in connection with formation of limited liability company to purchase a medical office building for investment purposes. Experienced with property leases as to physicians.
- Representing healthcare professionals in setting up a medical spa franchise.
- Preparing ground leases to permit development of medical office buildings on hospital property.